Every year around September and October you can experience the delightful display of gorgeous coloured flowers at the Floriade in Canberra, Australia. The event lasts for 30 days and delights young and old alike. One of the best features is that you can come and enjoy all that Floriade has to offer for no cost!
Australia’s celebration of Spring, Floriade Canberra 2012 will be a special celebration as it marks 25 years of this colourful Aussie event. Why not enjoy Spring with the colour, vibrance and exhilaration that comes from walking amongst so many exquisite floral displays?
Dates of Operation of Floriade Canberra 2012:
- 15th September 2012 to 14th October 2012
Floriade Canberra 2010 Video
Free entry for all!
Times of Operation:
Monday-Friday: 9:00am to 5:00pm
Weekends and Public Holidays: 9:00am to 5:30pm
Entry to the event closes 30 minutes before close each day.
Canberra, ACT, 2601
Only a pleasant 5-10 minute walk from the centre of the city of Canberra.
A free shuttle is also available from Canberra city centre to the gate of Commonwealth Park during the full 30 days of Floriade Canberra 2012. This free service operates from 9:00am to 5:00pm daily during Floriade. 2012, thus making it easy to come and enjoy the festivities and colour.
Click to view the Floriade event map online
- Floriade Canberra is currently the largest flower festival event in the Southern hemisphere
- Began in Spring 1988 to commemorate Canberra’s 75th birthday
- Australia’s bicentenary of settlement by Europeans in 1988 also coincided with Floriade’s launch
- Over 300,000 visitors enjoy Floriade Canberra each year during September and October
- Floriade Europe is held every 10 years in the Netherlands
- Floriade Netherlands 2012 will be held from April to mid October
Read more information on Floriade Australia 2012 here.